On 13 October 2017 Ofsted published updated handbooks covering full and short inspections.
In the full inspection handbook, there are the following changes to be aware of:
- The outcomes for pupils section reflecting changes to GCSE grades and data reports (a new IDSR);
- Updates to the Clarification for schools section and mythbuster document around myths and misunderstandings;
- Clarification of arrangements for meeting relevant members of the governance structure and inclusion of chief executives or equivalents in inspections of academies in multi-academy trusts;
- New content explaining what happens to schools that receive the ‘requires improvement’ and ‘inadequate’ judgements.
- Clarifications to the sections on Monitoring inspections;
- Clarifications about engaging with those responsible for governance and inclusion of chief executives or equivalents in inspections of academies in multi-academy trusts;
- Updates reflecting changes to data reports (Analyse School Performance and the new inspection data summary reports or IDSR).
Guidance for Ofsted inspectors carrying out school inspections under section 8 of the Education Act 2005.
The handbooks can be downloaded here.
We advise all schools to make sure that they are aware of the changes and action appropriately, especially those expecting inspection this term.
If you missed it, the recent Ofsted Strategic Plan is also worth downloading here.