VNET membership for schools, academies and trusts includes a package of bespoke support as well as a wide range of CPD opportunities across the academic year for CEOs, senior leaders, middle leaders, teachers, teaching assistants, support staff, governors and trustees, all aimed at supporting school priorities for improvement.
A tailored package of support for your school or trust
The VNET offer of school improvement support is totally bespoke as every school, academy and MAT in our network is unique. This includes:
- A link professional who will work with members to plan priorities, facilitate implementation and evaluate impact
- A package of bespoke support for school for challenge and external validation*
- Support for the development of the whole child, such as pupil premium review, inclusion strategies, behaviour policy support and where appropriate therapeutic services including mental health and family support
- Support focussed upon preparing for inspection.
*The package is unique to each setting, but example elements might include: Teaching, Learning and Assessment review, Leadership and management review, Senior/Middle Leader review, Readiness for Inspection visit, SEF/SIDP/Data/Website review, Pupil Premium/Sports Premium reviews, Data/Achievement support, Subject leader review, Curriculum review, Early Years review.
Events and CPD for members
Alongside the bespoke support provided to members, a wealth of other events and CPD opportunities are created throughout the year aimed at identified needs:
- Conferences – two per year focused around key drivers for school improvement, teaching and learning, leadership and management, delivered by high quality speakers and presenters
- OFSTED HMI-led Seminars – two per year covering all of the latest updates from Ofsted
- Data Workshops – four timely data updates and workshops at pivotal times of the year helping you get the best from your data to inform your improvement strategies
- Professional Communities – these thriving communities meet 4 times over the academic year. The offer a forum for sharing the latest evidence-based practice and professional networking
- Curriculum Half-termly Updates –These sessions for teachers include; national updates and strategies to support teaching and learning in core and foundation subjects
- Leadership Termly Updates – These updates for Senior Leaders include; readiness for inspection, self-evaluation, highlighting excellent provision and evidence-based practice
- Briefings – short, sharp introductory sessions targeted at key topics to support school improvement priorities (e.g. Sports Premium, Disadvantaged Pupils, Inclusion)
- VNET Member Networks – a range of networks aimed at sharing best practice and like-minded discussion currently operating for Junior Schools, Outstanding Schools, Governor Forum, Raising Attainment and School Business Managers, with more to come.