This Breakfast Briefing, which is free for members, considers how governors’ involvement in all aspects of recruitment and selection is essential in enabling them to carry out three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
It will cover what knowledge and information is available in the school (succession planning), the ‘musts and myths’, and best practice in recruitment and selection.
The briefing will be held at South Green Park, Mattishall on the 8th May 2019 from 8:30am to 10am, with refreshments available from 8am.
Leading the sessions will be::
Clare Jones – Experienced primary headteacher and CEO of Diversa MAT with three Good schools.
Richard Cranmer – Experienced secondary headteacher of Archbishop Sancroft High school, and CEO of St Benet’s MAT.
Chris Wilson-Town – A former senior adviser for school improvement, leadership and governance, who has been involved in a significant number of headteacher appointments as an experienced chair of governors at a large church junior school, with two successful Ofsted’s and a SIAMS under his belt.
Denise Walker – Director and Educational Lead at VNET
The briefing will cover:
- Succession Planning;
- Using appraisal and performance management to identify staffing needs and solutions;
- Staffing the curriculum for effective learning and teaching;
- Musts and Myths;
- Regulations and guidance – who has to be involved and why governors should be;
- How to do it effectively;
- A look at best practice with a focus on competencies and what is ‘mission critical’, what role does the person specification play etc;
- VNET’s Senior Leadership Recruitment and Selection offer.
Every VNET school/federation has access to two places places.
To request a place/s, please fill in the form below. You will then receive an email confirming the request, and a further reply if the request was successful:
Oops! We could not locate your form.