We are pleased to invite you to this NEW full day course on Securing Success in Year 2, led by Tim Handley, on Wednesday 25 September 2019, 09.00 – 15.30, at The Space, Roundtree Way, Norwich, NR7 8SG. Refreshments are available from 08.30 and a buffet lunch is included.
This course provides an essential guide for Year 2 teachers and teams on how they can ensure that the teaching and approaches in Year 2 enable children to succeed in the end of Key Stage 1 assessments.
The course will explore Reading, Writing and Maths in Year 2, and unpick both the statutory teacher assessment frameworks and KS1 SATs. Attendees will leave the course with practical strategies and will be ready to put into place a clear action plan for how to improve teaching and approaches Year 2 so that children can succeed. The course is full of practical ideas, insights, tips and resources that attendees can take back to school to make a real impact on the attainment and progress.
- Unpack the content of the Y2 Teacher Assessment Frameworks and SATs tests.
- Develop an understanding of the key themes and principles and how these can be secured in Year 2.
- Unpick what we can learn from the previous teacher assessment cycles and statutory moderation.
- Explore how to develop children from working towards the expected standard to working at the expected standard.
- Explore how to develop children from working at the expected standard to greater depth.
- Explore what effective evidence looks like for Teacher Assessment and moderation.
- Discover ways to teach the ‘tricky’ concepts.
- Explore pedagogical approaches which develop deeper understanding.
It is suggested that Year 2 teachers attend with a member of the schools senior leadership team where possible. Support staff working with Year 2 are also welcome to attend.
Please using the form below, you will receive confirmation by email and an invoice before the start date of the course.