We are pleased to invite you to this NEW full day course on Securing Success in Mathematics in Year 6, led by Tim Handley on Tuesday 17 September 2019, 09.00 – 15.30, at The Space, Roundtree Way, Norwich, NR7 8SG. Refreshments are available from 08.30 and a buffet lunch is included.
This intensive course provides an essential guide to securing success in Mathematics for your Year 6 cohort.
Attendees will leave the course with lots of practical strategies and will be ready to put into place a clear, bespoke action plan to ensure success for your current Year 6’s. The course is full of ideas, insights, tips and resources that attendees can take back to school to make a real impact on the attainment and progress of Year 6. Schools has consistently reported that the insights gained from this course have led to significant improvements in KS2 results.
During the course, attendees will:
- Unpack the content of the Y6 mathematics curriculum and SATs tests.
- Develop an understanding of the key themes and principles and how these can be secured in Year 6.
- Unpick what we can learn from the previous assessments, and how to unlock the ‘true fluency’ required to succeed.
- Discover ways to teach the ‘tricky’ concepts.
- Explore what effective intervention looks like in Year 6.
- Investigate the different question types and structures, and the skills required to answer these.
- Explore pedagogical approaches which develop deeper understanding and help children make progress beyond a scaled score of 100.
It is suggested that Year 6 teachers attend with a member of the schools senior leadership team where possible. Support staff working with Year 6 are also welcome to attend.
Please fill in the form below to book, you will receive a confirmation via email and an invoice before the date of the course.