The CLPE Power of Reading course is coming to Norfolk in the Autumn Term!
The cost is £1450+VAT for one teacher, and then £950+VAT for the second and any other subsequent teachers from the same school.This whole school training project uses high quality children’s literature and proven creative teaching approaches to engage teachers and children in the literacy curriculum and develop a whole school love of reading and writing. Now in its 13th year, the Power of Reading has raised achievement in over 3500 schools and worked with 5000 teachers nationally. The Power of Reading meets all requirements of NC 2014.Analysis of data has shown that Power of Reading schools:
- Make significant progress in reading and writing, particularly with those pupils who had previously been reluctant to engage with literacy
- Are effective in narrowing the achievement gap between boys and girls
- Find that their children choose to read more often, at greater length about books and are more confident in talking
What you will receive:
- Two packs of carefully chosen children’s books for each project teacher
- Access to a website of resources hosting over 180 teaching sequences and more than 1000 examples of practice
- A full year of CPD including four full training days and ongoing support and tasks
- The opportunity to develop subject and pedagogical knowledge in each school’s context
- Tools to help schools to develop classroom provision and inform a whole school approach to reading
- Book group discussions to extend teachers’ knowledge of children’s literature
- Opportunities to listen to and meet leading children’s authors
- Headteachers and Senior Leaders are invited to the first morning and the final conference at no additional cost
- Teachers will share and practise the Power of Reading principles in the classroom between each training day
- Teachers will work on a school based case study to present at the final conference
Power of Reading Norfolk 2018-19 dates are as follows and will be held at the Mercure Hotel in Norwich throughout:
Inset 1 – Wednesday 3rd October 10am – 4pm
Inset 2 – Wednesday 21st November 10am – 4pm
Inset 3 – Wednesday 6th March 10am – 4pm
Final conference – Wednesday 1st May 10am – 4pm
This is a fantastic course with a track record of making a massive difference to outcomes, inspiring readers, and transforming teacher approaches to reading. I really hope you can send a teacher or a few teachers to be part of what is a whole year of CPD for them and for the school.
To request a place on the Power of Reading, please fill in the form below:
Oops! We could not locate your form.