We are pleased to offer the two-day ‘How to Observe Teacher Behaviour and its Effects on Learning’ course once again. The evaluations from previous courses have been outstanding so we encourage you to take part in or to provide one of your colleagues with this excellent CPD. The course is most suited to new headteachers, senior leaders and aspiring senior leaders.
The course, led by our associate, Surinder Dhingra, aims to increase confidence in the lesson observation process and ensure that evaluations are accurate. It is guaranteed to have a dramatic impact on improving teachers’ teaching and pupils’ learning.
Surinder will enhance your ability to make the observation process in your school one that teachers look forward to rather than something that they dread! Senior leaders have reported that this training has changed teachers’ attitude to observations and has had significant impact on improving teaching and learning across the school, especially when all leadership team members have accessed the training.
Should you register for this course and find it valuable, you might wish to book a session in school for your whole leadership team to get the maximum impact.
- The observation process
- Strengths and weaknesses of models of observations in schools
- Understanding and using the Ofsted framework to evaluate teaching and learning
- Triangulating evidence to evaluate learning over time – pupil interviews and work sampling
- Writing observation evidence forms which focus on learning using the cause/effect method
- Using the five-step approach to support teachers in reviewing the learning in their class
- Action planning so that observations have a great impact on improvements
- Preparation for a joint/sole observation in school
- Preparation for work scrutiny In school – putting into practice skills learned in day 1
- Writing up the evidence form using the Ofsted criteria and cause/effect links
- Undertake work scrutiny and pupil interviews with guidance from the consultant using work samples from school
- Evaluating teaching and learning using the Ofsted criteria
- Practising the professional conversation
- Action planning
The course will be held on Thursday 17th January and 14th February 2019, 09.30 am – 3.30 pm, both at South Green Park Enterprise Centre, Mattishall, Dereham, NR20 3JY.
Delegates will need to commit to both days. The total cost, per delegate for the two days, is £295 + VAT.
This cost includes refreshments but delegates are asked to bring a packed lunch.
There are a maximum of 12 places available – first come, first served.
Please note: Prior to attending the training, delegates are required to make arrangements to undertake at least one lesson observation, preferably two, in their own school before Day Two of the training.
To request a place or places, please fill in the form below. You will then receive an email confirming the request, and a further reply if the request was successful: