Six sessions will be scheduled across the academic year, starting with a launch event Monday 30 September 2019. The group would be facilitated and supported by Emma Adcock, VNET Associate.
The Purpose of the Group
Across the six sessions, members of the Curriculum Community will be provided with the latest educational research, resources and case-studies to support the review and implementation of their own school curriculum. Sessions will be aligned to the expectations of the new Ofsted Framework (September 2019).
Guest speakers will be invited to share their expertise with members of the community.
There will also be opportunities for group members to network with other colleagues and share resources. Members of the community will also be provided with presentations and resources to share with colleagues in school.
Each session will focus on an important aspect of Curriculum Design. Sessions will focus on:
- Establishing a vision and a core set of values
- Planning for progression across subjects and year groups
- Securing ‘deep learning’ in all subjects
- Creating vertical, diagonal links and connections across subjects
- Deepening understanding through the explicit teaching of tier 3 vocabulary
- Demonstrating the impact of your curriculum.
VNET schools are invited to offer this opportunity to a colleague in their schools. The cost of this for the year is £125 + VAT per delegate. We have 30 places available.
Dates and Venues
- Monday 30 September 2019
- Wednesday 6 November 2019
- Tuesday 28 January 2020 / The Willow Centre, Cringleford, NR4 7JR
- Thursday 5 March 2010 / South Green Park Enterprise Centre, Mattishall, NR20 3JY
- Tuesday 19 May 2020 / The Willow Centre, Cringleford, NR4 7JR
- Monday 29 June 2020 / Centrum, Norwich Research Park, NR4 7UG
All meetings 1.30 – 4.00 pm, coffee/tea at 1pm