As we head towards the Easter Break 2019, we want to make sure you have a summarised view of what is coming up from VNET in the next half term, as well as sharing some other news items, events and opportunities you may have missed.
VNET Summer Conference
We are very pleased to announce that booking is now open for our VNET Summer Conference focused on Quality First Teaching on the 5th July.
The full agenda for the day, including an array of high quality speakers and workshops will be finalised shortly and be made available on the website, but we wanted to make sure our members could save the date and start reserving their places.
The day will be held at the Enterprise Centre at the University of East Anglia campus for the first time, and will have some joint and some separate content for Primary and Secondary colleagues. We will also be providing some space for quality conversations to take place, and would encourage members to bring with them on the day a senior colleague that they never seem to get quite enough time with.
We are also pleased to announce that car parking and a park and ride service will be free on the day – just one of the aspects of feedback we have taken on board from previous conferences!
Every member school or federation has two free places at the conference available on a first come first served basis until all 300 spaces are filled. So please reserve your places early to avoid missing out by visiting the booking page:
5th July, 9am-3:30pm @ The Enterprise Centre, UEA – VNET Summer Conference: Quality First Teaching (Free)
VNET Events in the next term currently open for booking
All of the events listed below can now be booked by clicking on the appropriate link, or the other contact information provided.
- 25th April, 9am-4pm @ South Green Park – Effective Confrontation Course for Headteachers and Senior Leaders (£295+VAT pp)
- 29th April, 9am-12:30pm @ South Green Park – Ofsted ‘Securing Good’ Seminar with John Lucas HMI (Free)
- 8th May, 8:30am-10am @ South Green Park – Breakfast Briefing for Governors: Recruitment, Selection and Strategic Leadership (Free)
- 11th June, 5pm-6:30pm @ South Green Park – VNET Governor Forum Inaugural Meeting (Free)
- 16th July, 9am-1pm @ South Green Park – Primary School Data Workshop with Simon Davis (Free)
- 18th July, 9am-1pm @ South Green Park – Primary School Data Workshop with Simon Davis (Free)
VNET Partner and Member School Events in the Next Half Term
In case you haven’t seen them, the following are a selection of the events being hosted by some of our partners or at Member Schools which we think are worth looking into if they meet your priorities:
- 24th April, 9am-3:30pm @ Thorpe St Andrew High School – NTLEC: Enhancing Engagement for Learning (£75 pp)
- 30th April, 4pm-6pm @ Thorpe St Andrew High School – EASTA: Maternity Teacher Paternity Teacher Project Meetup (Free)
- 23rd May, 3:30pm-5pm @ Thorpe St Andrew High School – NTLEC: Teacher Journal Club (£10 pp)
- 3rd June, 4pm-5:30pm @ Notre Dame High School – Research School Twilight: Memory (Free)
- 10th June, 9am-3:30pm @ Broom Hall Hotel, Thetford – VisionEd: National Qualification in Leadership and Management in PE in Primary Schools (RQF – Level 4) (£750 pp)
- 10th June, 4pm-5:30pm @ Notre Dame High School – Research School Twilight: Disciplinary Literacy (KS3) (Free)
- 12th June, 3:30pm-5pm @ Thorpe St Andrew High School – NTLEC: Attachment Disorders (£30 pp)
- 13th June, 9:30am-3pm @ Easton College – FFDT: Norfolk Primary STEM Festival (£20 pp)
- 20th June, 8:30am – 3:30pm @ John Innes Centre, Norwich – Eastern Research Schools: Slow Burn Leadership Conference (£100 pp)
- 21st June, 9am-3:30pm @ Thorpe St Andrew High School – NTLEC: Going for Great (£99 pp)
- 22nd June, Various Times @ Norwich School – Norwich School Outreach: Year 5 Children and Adults Mathematics Taster Sessions (Free)
- 24th June, 4pm-5:30pm @ Notre Dame High School – Research School Twilight: Making CPD Effective (Free)
- 25th June, 3:30pm-5pm @ Thorpe St Andrew High School – NTLEC: Teacher Journal Club (£10 pp)
- 5th July, 9am-3:30pm @ Mile Cross Primary School – VisionEd: National Qualification Induction Day for Teaching & Learning in PE (Primary) (£995 pp)
More courses and events are available on our partners websites. To see what our partners are offering, please check out their section on our website – VNET Partners
Other Opportunities and Projects
The Food and Farming Discovery Trust are offering a limited number of free school group tickets for the Royal Norfolk Show which runs this year on the 26th and 27th June. The theme for the 2019 educational offering is Explore the UK, and school groups will be able to get involved in a host of specially crafted activities. To book tickets please go to www.discoverytrust.org.uk/rns/
At the show will also be the culmination of two great competitions which are free for schools to engage with and have cash prizes available. The first is the Food, Farming and Countryside Challenge, an exciting opportunity for schools to showcase their learning linked to food, farming and the countryside, and more information about the groups able to take part and the prizes can be found at www.discoverytrust.org.uk/competitions/jifc/ The second, is the Norfolk Schools Art Competition open to all pupils in Norfolk schools, with more information available at www.discoverytrust.org.uk/activities/norfolk-schools-art-competition/
Sensational Science Workshops are being held at Norwich School during the Summer Term as part of the outreach programme, inviting pupils from local primary schools for a day of scientific learning with their resident scientist Mr Worton. Pupils will don lab coats and goggles to become “mini scientists” for the day, which will conclude in the launch of a class rocket. For more information about Sensational Science workshops, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interesting Reading for the Break
The following document may be useful for those schools who have been exploring Cognitive Load Theory in the past few terms with us and fancy some light reading for the holidays:
We hope you have a fantastic Easter Break and look forward to seeing you all after the Easter Bank Holidays.